Located in the heart of the Médoc and Moulis and Margaux terroir, the Château Meyre cultivating vines for more than 3 centuries. In 1876, the area is one of the very first raw Avensan, and ranking of 1932 gives the Cru Bourgeois classification. This classification will be confirmed in 2003. Organic farming in 2008 and the first certified organic vintage is 2011 vintage. Biological conversion now extends to the entire property and investment accompanied this new orientation.
Terroir : Quaternary deep bass, Handpicked. Main sorting is done on the vine stock and a second sorting takes place in the cellar.
Reasoned vinification. Temperature control Fermentation 18 to 22 days Ageing 18 months in French oak barrel, 50% new.
• 1 star, Guide Hachette 2010
• Commended, Decanter World Wine Awards 2010 Bronze Medal,
• International Wine Challenge 2010 Top 100 Wines,
• C.I.V.B Bordeaux Hong Kong 2010/2011 Silver Medal,
• Wine Challenge Bruxelles 2012 Bronze Medal,
• Decanter World Wine Awards 2012